Vitamin C, also referred to as ascorbic acid, is a well-known vitamin with many health benefits. From strengthening your immune system, to keeping your skin and eyes healthy, vitamin c is an essential component to everyone’s overall health and wellness. Over the decades, more and more research had been conducted on the benefits of this vitamin, and some of them may surprise you.
- It boosts your immune system. Vitamin C can improve your immune system by encouraging the production and function of white blood cells. These white blood cells are critical in combating sickness and infection entering your body. The benefits are notable enough that New York hospitals even used vitamin C to treat patients diagnosed with COVID-19.
- It’s great for your skin. It also promotes collagen production which is vital to healthy skin. This can lead to quicker healing wounds and decreased skin damage from sun exposure due to its antioxidant properties.
- It can lower your risk of heart disease. Vitamin C is great for your circulatory system and can help prevent many cardiovascular issues including heart attack and stroke. With cardiovascular disease being the leading cause of death in America, it’s more important than ever to maintain your heart’s health.
- It helps with colds. Research shows that people who take vitamin C supplements have colds last fewer days and experience less severe symptoms.
- It can help increase iron absorption. Maintaining healthy vitamin C levels can promote the absorption of iron—particularly iron from plant-based foods. This can be particularly benefitial to people with iron deficiencies such as anemia or vegetarians who maintain a plant-based diet.
- It keeps your eyesight strong. Taking vitamin C can prevent age-related macular degeneration (AMD) from worsening over time. Studies have also found that individuals who have higher levels of vitamin C in their diets have a lower risk of developing cataracts.
- It improves cognitive function. Numerous scientific studies have found a strong relationship between vitamin C and mental function. Not only is vitamin C found to promote a healthy brain, but also improve cognitive function as well (critical thinking, problem solving, etc.)
Maximize Your Vitamin C Absorption
When people think of boosting their vitamin C intake, they often think of taking supplements orally. However, depending on the dosage, oral consumption of vitamin C can have an absorption rate of less than 50%. Fortunately, there are new and improved ways to boost your vitamin C—taking it through an IV.
Prime IV offers numerous IV drips specifically formulated to imporve your health and wellness—including an immunity booster with a powerful dose of vitamin C. Taking vitamins and nutrients intervenously puts them directly into your system and bypasses the less efficient absorption of the stomach, providing the maximum benefit possible.. Also, instead of waiting hours for supliments to digest, our IVs take 30-60 minutes and you are back on the road to peak health and immunity!
Find your nearest Prime IV location today to book an appointment today!